🔅Inspires the shy students to confidently raise their hand and share answers.🔅Encourages positive self-talk while your class has fun playing a game - a lovingly sneaky way to build their character.
🔅Reminds student of "Yes I Can!" power words throughout the day whenever you see self-doubt creeping in- or even better, watch them learn to remind themselves and each other!
Yes I Can! Relay
Objective: To get students comfortable saying power words out loud.
1. In relay style, have the students walk to the front of the room, read their card aloud, and walk back to tag the next student in line.
2. The group that gets through the line the fastest wins!
Yes I Can! Popcorn
Objective: Helps students memorize different power words/ phrases
1. Teacher starts by saying a power word or phrase. Once said, says popcorn "Students name"
2. Student says a different power word/ phrase then popcorns to another student.
3. Students can not repeat the same phrase or power word.
4. Whole class should be able to get through the deck without any repeating.
It helps build their confidence in counting, colors, addition and subtraction.
Which is why at Erickson Fun Run we use an assortment of challenges through different games and activities that the children enjoy but nurtures their character and self confidence.